Fertility experts to host open day in Plymouth
Next week, fertility specialists from the South West Centre for Reproductive Medicine (SWCRM), based in Derriford Hospital, will host an open evening, aimed at those who are thinking of starting a family but who have concerns or worries about their fertility.
As well as providing advice and guidance on a range of options, including lifestyle changes and fertility treatments, our experts will also be offering free one-to-one appointments.
The event will take place in the Ocean Suite, on level 6 of Derriford Hospital on Thursday 13 July 2017 between 16:30 and 19:00.
“We’re very proud of the services we offer here in Plymouth. “We have a proven track record with consistently good IVF success rates making us one of the best units in the South West. This open event is a first for us and one which we are really pleased to be able to offer to those who have questions or worries about their fertility,” explains Dr Archarya, Lead Consultant for the SWCRM.
“Members of our dedicated team will be on hand to talk to those wishing to discover more about fertility, including healthy lifestyle changes that can be made, which can help when trying for a baby or before needing treatment.
“As a team, we also appreciate the nature and problems of infertility, both physical and emotional, and so we will be available to talk through the options available for fertility treatment and support, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, as well as offering one-to-one appointments for more private discussions.”
If you would like to book a free 10 minute one-to-one appointment with one of our fertility specialists, please contact the Centre on 01752 432622.
The event is open to:
- Those interested in knowing the options available for fertility treatment.
- Heterosexual couples wishing to discover more about fertility – healthy lifestyle changes which can help when you are trying for a baby or before needing treatment.
- Same sex couples who wish to discuss options available using donor sperm.
- Single women wanting to investigate options for the future (i.e. egg freezing) or treatment available using donated sperm.
- Women who wish to donate eggs – for many women their only hope of becoming pregnant is to use donated eggs, as they may not be able to produce their own eggs due to possibly medical treatment, which has left them unable to conceive or they have undergone a premature menopause.
- Men who wish to donate sperm – for some couples, the only way of achieving a pregnancy is via the donation of sperm. Some men may have undergone previous medical treatments i.e. chemotherapy or may have a genetic condition, which can leave them infertile.
The South West Centre for Reproductive Medicine (SWCRM) located at the Ocean Suite, Derriford Hospital, provides the highest quality treatment and care whilst understanding the anxieties and concerns of the patient.
SWCRM is based within Derriford Hospital, Plymouth; we have been providing a full range of investigations and treatments for patients experiencing infertility in the South West since being established in 1998. With our purpose built facilities and highly experienced team, we have helped hundreds of patients throughout Devon and Cornwall and beyond.