Look after yourself this winter with a helping hand from Drake Circus
Plymouth’s premier shopping destination is offering a week of expert advice on how to look after yourself following a season of festive indulgence.
Drake Circus is holding its popular event from Monday 21st January, with health experts and fitness gurus on hand to offer advice on how to take care of your physical, mental and emotional wellbeing during the winter period.
There will be free interactive events in the main atrium including Mini Health MOTs and blood pressure tests, as well as information and advice on mental health to help you start 2019 on the right foot.
Drake Circus Centre Director Greg Lumley said: “This event has always been popular and it’s great to be able to provide our shoppers with a little bit of help and advice as they strive to get fit and feel great.
At this time of year, we wanted to offer a helping hand to shoppers looking to begin a happy, healthy New Year.”
Key dates for Drake Circus Wellness Week
• 21st January – MIND – the team have plenty of literature on offer and are happy to answer any questions you may have on mental health and the services and support available
• 22nd January – Livewell Southwest – have a free blood pressure test and learn how to spot the early signs of a stroke
• 23rd January – Plymouth Library – take a look at the range of books and health resources on offer, pick-up a leaflet and try your hand at a spot of mindfulness colouring for both adults and children
• 24th January – Nuffield Gym – receive a free mini Health MOT and find out how you can get in shape with support from the team
• 25th January - Thrive – there’s a whole host of information on offer covering a range of health and wellbeing topics, as well as a chance to get hands-on with their handwashing activity
• 26th January – BASICS Devon – get involved in their interactive demos on how to perform CPR so you can help save a life when minutes count.
• 27th January - Samaritans – get your hands on their Listening Tips, plus there’s a chance to find out more about what the team do with leaflets, cards and great giveaways
With parking only £4 from 4pm until midnight, why not stop by one of our restaurants? Bill’s and Yo! Sushi have some great healthy food options to help you channel your newfound knowledge.
Drake Circus is Plymouth’s premier shopping destination with over 70 of the UK’s top brand names and biggest stores in the region under one roof. For further details of what’s happening at Drake Circus visit www.drakecircus.com.